Overdraft Protection OPT-IN
URGENT! Important overdraft protection information.
This matter requires your IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.
* Required fields
(Optional information used to provide confirmation of opting-in. If left blank confirmation will be mailed.)
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see above):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Citizens National Bank of Texas pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $28 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
- We will charge you a per item fee of $28 through August 15, 2010 for ATM transactions and everyday debit card transactions.
What if I want Citizens National Bank of Texas to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, please provide your information and follow the link above to make your selection about opting-in to this service.